Heart failure disease has been one of the major chronic cardiovascular diseases that cause morbidity, mortality, and hospitalization of all cardiac patients. Heart failure has a significantly increased lifetime risk of development is about 20%. Symptomatic predictions are usually non-specific and hardly can discriminate the occurrence of heart failure from other diseases. It represents a challenging problem because of its economical and medical burden on the health care system. However, the management and presentation of a patient with heart failure remain in the fields of doubt. This review will highlight the importance of diagnosing and managing Congestive heart failure patients for primary health care physicians. This review was collected and classified from eligible published English written documents, articles, clinical trials. This electronic research engine was included: PubMed. This review discussed the diagnosis and management of Congestive heart failure and the details regarding this topic including definitions classifications, were included in this review. The primary care physician approach is often concerned with traditional palliative therapies before worsening the condition and plans to assess different reports regarding heart failure patients throughout their follow-up schedules.
1. Metra M, Teerlink JR. Heart failure. Lancet. 2017;390(10106):1981-95.
2. Rachamin Y, Meier R, Rosemann T, Flammer AJ, Chmiel C. Heart failure epidemiology and treatment in primary care: a retrospective cross-sectional study. ESC Heart Fail. 2021;8(1):489-97.
3. Bleumink GS, Knetsch AM, Sturkenboom MC, Straus SM, Hofman A, Deckers JW, et al. Quantifying the heart failure epidemic: prevalence, incidence rate, lifetime risk and prognosis of heart failure The Rotterdam Study. Eur Heart J. 2004;25(18):1614-9.
4. Kurmani S, Squire I. Acute Heart Failure: Definition, Classification and Epidemiology. Curr Heart Fail Rep. 2017;14(5):385-92.
5. Mosterd A, Hoes AW. Clinical epidemiology of heart failure. Heart. 2007;93(9):1137-46.
6. Mills KT, Bundy JD, Kelly TN, Reed JE, Kearney PM, Reynolds K, et al. Global Disparities of Hypertension Prevalence and Control: A Systematic Analysis of Population-Based Studies from 90 Countries. Circulation. 2016;134(6):441-50.
7. Kjeldsen SE, Naditch-Brule L, Perlini S, Zidek W, Farsang C. Increased prevalence of metabolic syndrome in uncontrolled hypertension across Europe: the Global Cardiometabolic Risk Profile in Patients with hypertension disease survey. J Hypertens. 2008;26(10):2064-70.
8. Skrzypek A, Mostowik M, Szeliga M, Wilczyńska-Golonka M, Dębicka-Dąbrowska D, Nessler J. Chronic heart failure in the elderly: still a current medical problem. Folia Med Cracov. 2018;58(4):47-56.
9. Elmasry DM, Elnahas NG, Khorshid H, Rahmy AF. The effect of low frequency neuromuscular stimulation on sympathetic activity in advanced heart failure. J Adv Pharm Educ Res. 2019;9(4):29-35
10. Sinuraya RK, Rianti A, Suwantika AA. Cost minimization of cardiovascular disease (CVD) drugs in primary healthcare centers in Bandung, Indonesia. J Adv Pharm Educ Res. 2021;10(1):63-9.
11. Ponikowski P, Voors AA, Anker SD, Bueno H, Cleland JG, Coats AJ, et al. 2016 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure: The Task Force for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Developed with the special contribution of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC. Eur J Heart Fail. 2016;18(8):891-975.
12. Kelder JC, Cramer MJ, van Wijngaarden J, van Tooren R, Mosterd A, Moons KG, et al. The diagnostic value of physical examination and additional testing in primary care patients with suspected heart failure. Circulation. 2011;124(25):2865-73.
13. Boonman-de Winter LJ, Rutten FH, Cramer MJ, Landman MJ, Zuithoff NP, Liem AH, et al. Efficiently screening heart failure in patients with type 2 diabetes. Eur J Heart Fail. 2015;17(2):187-95.
14. Nagai T, Sundaram V, Shoaib A, Shiraishi Y, Kohsaka S, Rothnie KJ, et al. Validation of U.S. mortality prediction models for hospitalized heart failure in the United Kingdom and Japan. Eur J Heart Fail. 2018;20(8):1179-90.
15. Cooper LB, Yap J, Tay WT, Teng TK, MacDonald M, Anand IS, et al. Multi-ethnic comparisons of diabetes in heart failure with reduced ejection fraction: insights from the HF-ACTION trial and the ASIAN-HF registry. Eur J Heart Fail. 2018;20(9):1281-9.
16. Tomasoni D, Adamo M, Lombardi CM, Metra M. Highlights in heart failure. ESC Heart Fail. 2019;6(6):1105-27.
17. Scardovi AB, Petruzzi M, Rosano A, Lucia AR, De Maria R. Heart failure phenotype in women. G Ital Cardiol (Rome). 2012;13(5 Suppl 1):6s-11s.
18. Sciomer S, Moscucci F, Salvioni E, Marchese G, Bussotti M, Corrà U, et al. Role of gender, age and BMI in prognosis of heart failure. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2020;27(2_suppl):46-51.
19. Bozkurt B, Khalaf S. Heart Failure in Women. Methodist Debakey Cardiovasc J. 2017;13(4):216-23.
20. Solomon SD, Dobson J, Pocock S, Skali H, McMurray JJ, Granger CB, et al. Influence of nonfatal hospitalization for heart failure on subsequent mortality in patients with chronic heart failure. Circulation. 2007;116(13):1482-7.
21. Chioncel O, Mebazaa A, Harjola VP, Coats AJ, Piepoli MF, Crespo-Leiro MG, et al. Clinical phenotypes and outcome of patients hospitalized for acute heart failure: the ESC Heart Failure Long-Term Registry. Eur J Heart Fail. 2017;19(10):1242-54.
22. Paolillo S, Scardovi AB, Campodonico J. Role of comorbidities in heart failure prognosis Part I: Anaemia, iron deficiency, diabetes, atrial fibrillation. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2020;27(2_suppl):27-34.
23. Cosentino F, Grant PJ, Aboyans V, Bailey CJ, Ceriello A, Delgado V, et al. 2019 ESC Guidelines on diabetes, pre-diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases developed in collaboration with the EASD. Eur Heart J. 2020;41(2):255-323.
24. Rørth R, Jhund PS, Kristensen SL, Desai AS, Køber L, Rouleau JL, et al. The prognostic value of troponin T and N-terminal pro B-type natriuretic peptide, alone and in combination, in heart failure patients with and without diabetes. Eur J Heart Fail. 2019;21(1):40-9.
25. Kavalieratos D, Gelfman LP, Tycon LE, Riegel B, Bekelman DB, Ikejiani DZ, et al. Palliative Care in Heart Failure: Rationale, Evidence, and Future Priorities. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70(15):1919-30.
26. Upadhya B, Kitzman DW. Heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: new approaches to diagnosis and management. Clin Cardiol. 2020;43(2):145-55.