The usage and implementation of computer-aided layout and computer-aided building (CAD/CAM) technologies in dentistry have significantly developed during the last two decades. Computer-aided design/CAM innovation has recently been utilized to make decorates, trims, crowns, facades, multi-unit fixed halfway false teeth (FPDs), and embed projections alongside different false teeth. The cross-sectional study was conducted between the professionals of Saudi dental making use of the online platform to perform the survey. Two hundred and sixteen (216) dentists from the Riyadh metropolis were utilized in this study. An analysis reported that all participants were 19-25 years old and had experienced less than 10 years. The significant proportion was male (66.7%) and Saudi nationals (96.3%). The majority of participants were working in the government sector and had qualifications of BDS. 88.9% of participants never operated chair-side CAD/CAM, do not have this set up at their workplace but want it in the future. The majority of them have used CAM/CAD for crowns’ fabrication (74.1%). The majority of participants do not know the overall quality of CAD/CAM restorations. Overall satisfaction was exemplary in both dentists and patients. CAD/CAM was imperative in terms of laborsaving, income, and boosting visits. Most participants wanted to invest time for future learning.
1. Baroudi K, Ibraheem SN. Assessment of chair-side computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing restorations: a review of the literature. J Int Oral Health. 2015;7(4):96-104.
2. Davidowitz G, Kotick PG. The use of CAD/CAM in dentistry. Dent Clin. 2011;55(3):559-70.
3. Patil M, Kambale S, Patil A, Mujawar K. Digitalization in Dentistry: CAD/CAM-A Review. Acta Sci Dent Sci. 2018;2(1):12-6.
4. Büyükbayram İK, Çakan EF, Kazak M. Chairside Cerec system and CAD/CAM materials. Aydın Dent J. 2016;2(3):47-54.
5. Kwon SY, Kim Y, Ahn HW, Kim KB, Chung KR. Computer-aided designing and manufacturing of lingual fixed orthodontic appliance using 2D/3D registration software and rapid prototyping. Int J Dent. 2014;2014.
6. Brown MW, Koroluk L, Ko CC, Zhang K, Chen M, Nguyen T. Effectiveness and efficiency of a CAD/CAM orthodontic bracket system. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2015;148(6):1067-74.
7. Tallarico M, Park CJ, Lumbau AI, Annucci M, Baldoni E, Koshovari A, et al. Customized 3D-printed titanium mesh developed to regenerate a complex bone defect in the aesthetic zone: A case report approached with a fully digital workflow. Materials. 2020;13(17):3874.
8. Sadid-Zadeh R, Katsavochristou A, Squires T, Simon M. Accuracy of marginal fit and axial wall contour for lithium disilicate crowns fabricated using three digital workflows. J Prosthet Dent. 2020;123(1):121-7.
9. Juntavee N, Sirisathit I. Marginal accuracy of computer-aided design-and computer-aided manufacturing-fabricated full-arch zirconia restoration. Clin Cosmet Investig Dent. 2018;10:9-17.
10. Bührer Samra AP, Morais E, Mazur RF, Vieira SR, Nunes Rached R. CAD/CAM in dentistry-a critical review. Rev Odonto Cienc. 2016;31(3):140-4.
11. Nassani MZ, Ibraheem S, Shamsy E, Darwish M, Faden A, Kujan O. A Survey of Dentists’ Perception of Chair-Side CAD/CAM Technology. InHealthcare 2021;9(1):68. Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute.
12. Mühlemann S, Sandrini G, Ioannidis A, Jung RE, Hämmerle CH. The use of digital technologies in dental practices in Switzerland: A cross-sectional survey. Swiss Dent J. 2019;129(9):700-7.
13. Tran D, Nesbit M, Petridis H. Survey of UK dentists regarding the use of CAD/CAM technology. Br Dent J. 2016;221(10):639-44.
14. Dickens N, Haider H, Lien W, Simecek J, Stahl J. Longitudinal analysis of CAD/CAM restoration incorporation rates into navy dentistry. Mil Med. 2019;184(5-6):e365-72.
15. Haider Y, Dimashkieh M, Rayyan M. Survey of Dental Materials Used by Dentists for Indirect Restorations in Saudi Arabia. Int J Prosthodont. 2017;30(1):83-5.
Copyright © 2023 - All Rights Reserved - Archives of Pharmacy Practice
Developed by Archives of Pharmacy Practice