The syndrome of undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia (UCTD) is a genetically determined condition, the detailed clinical picture of which is formed during the first five years of life. The development of vegetative-vascular dystonia in UCTD is associated with a changed collagen structure, which leads to the appearance of numerous clinical manifestations that affect the psycho-emotional status of the child, especially if the leading syndrome is anxiety. The purpose of our study was to evaluate the method of integrative art therapy using fairytale therapy for the correction of psychosomatic disorders in children with UCTD syndrome. At the end of the 6 months course of integrative art correction with fairytale therapy, a significant (p < 0.05) decrease in the level of psycho-emotional stress was observed in the patients, amounting to 13.2 ± 0.5 points. As for the level of skin-galvanic response (SGR), a positive increase was found in the group of patients who underwent sessions of classical psychotherapy: 6.9 ± 0.01 conventional points (p > 0.05), while in patients who were treated with the method of integrative art therapy, the positive increase in SGR was reliable and amounted to 8.6 ± 0.01 conventional points (p < 0.05). So, the use of the method of integrative art-therapeutic correction of psychosomatic disorders in the form of fairytale therapy is accompanied by a significant decrease in the level of psycho-emotional tension and anxiety in children with UCTD syndrome.
1. Bortkevych OB. Connective tissue dysplasia. The health of Ukraine. Cardiology. Rheumatology. Cardiac surgery. 2010;4:53-5. [In Ukrainian]
2. Solyeyko OV, Rykalo NA, Osypenko IP, Soleyko LP. Syndrome of undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia: from the concept of pathogenesis to treatment strategy. Tutorial. Vinnytsia, Ukraine: Nova Knyha; 2014. 168 p. [In Ukrainian]
3. Oleksandrivna CM, Vitaliivna SO, Petrivna SL, Borisivna YO, Prystupiuk M, Prystupiuk L, et al. Markers of Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Dysplasia in Female Patients with Acute Q-myocardial Infarction. Arch Pharm Pract. 2021;12(2):80-5. doi:10.51847/yMuzdZlE7y
4. Osovska NYu. Small structural anomalies of the heart as manifestations of the syndrome of undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia. The health of Ukraine. 2012;2:51-67. [In Ukrainian]
5. Rak N. Features of the clinical course of arterial hypertension combined with connective tissue dysplasia. Ph.D. thesis, Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University. Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, Lviv. 2021. [In Ukrainian]
6. Malemud CJ. Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) in health and disease: an overview. Front Biosci-Landmark. 2006;11(2):1696-701.
7. Chernykh MO, Berezovskyi AM, Shamrai VA, Postolovskyi LYu. Clinical and morphological changes of the cardiovascular system in patients with cardioneurosis (neurocirculatory dystonia). Rep Vinnytsia Natl Med Univ. 2019;3(23):515-21. [In Ukrainian]
8. Fusar-Poli P, Salazar de Pablo G, De Micheli A, Nieman DH, Correll CU, Kessing LV, et al. What is good mental health? A scoping review. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2020;31:33-46. doi:10.1016/j.euroneuro.2019.12.105
9. Beketova GV, Mozgova GP, Shekera OG, Beketova NV, Pryimatchuk LM. Neurophysiological characteristics of psychosomatic disorders and psychosomatic pathology in children and adolescents. Wiad Lek. 2019;72(12 cz 1):2282-7.
10. Scarella TM, Boland RJ, Barsky AJ. Illness Anxiety Disorder: Psychopathology, Epidemiology, Clinical Characteristics, and Treatment. Psychosom Med. 2019;81(5):398-407. doi:10.1097/PSY.0000000000000691
11. Ströhle A, Gensichen J, Domschke K. The Diagnosis and Treatment of Anxiety Disorders. Dtsch Arztebl Int. 2018;155(37):611-20. doi:10.3238/arztebl.2018.0611
12. Daitch C. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness, and Hypnosis as Treatment Methods for Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Am J Clin Hypn. 2018;61(1):57-69. doi:10.1080/00029157.2018.1458594
13. Haistruk NA, Solyeyko OV, Haistruk AV, Nesterovych OL. Art therapy: from world experience to national priorities. Mystetstvo likuvannia. 2014;2(108):57-60. [In Ukrainian]
14. Zubala A, Kennell N, Hackett S. Art Therapy in the Digital World: An Integrative Review of Current Practice and Future Directions. Front Psychol. 2021;12:595536. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2021.600070
15. Liu Z, Yang Z, Xiao C, Zhang K, Osmani M. An Investigation into Art Therapy Aided Health and Well-Being Research: A 75-Year Bibliometric Analysis. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021;19(1):232. doi:10.3390/ijerph19010232
16. Georgievna PO, Andreevna KM, Tokhiriyon B, Aleksandrovna DL, Mikhaylovich PV. The Effectiveness and Functional Properties of the Plant-Based Dietary Supplement in Complex Respiratory System Diseases Therapy. Int J Pharm Res Allied Sci. 2020;9(3):66-70.
17. Barron I, Mitchell D. The Fairy Tale Model: Secure Facility Therapist Perceptions. J Child Adolesc Trauma. 2018;12(2):257-67. doi:10.1007/s40653-018-0203-2
18. Simon NM, Hofmann SG, Rosenfield D, Hoeppner SS, Hoge EA, Bui E, et al. Efficacy of Yoga vs Cognitive Behavioral Therapy vs Stress Education for the Treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Psychiatry. 2021;78(1):13-20. doi:10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2020.2496
19. Haeyen S. Effects of Arts and Psychomotor Therapies in Personality Disorders. Developing a Treatment Guideline Based on a Systematic Review Using GRADE. Front Psychiatry. 2022;13:878866. doi:10.3389/fpsyt.2022.878866
20. Stoliarenko AM, Pidlubnyi VL. Functional features of the brain and psychophysiological reactions in patients with Internet gaming addiction. Med Psychol. 2018;4:8-11. [In Ukrainian]
21. Miake-Lye IM, Apaydin EA, Mak SS, Begashaw MM, Beroes-Severin JM, Shekelle PG. Evidence Map of Art Therapy [Internet]. Washington (DC): Department of Veterans Affairs (US); 2019 Jul.
22. Rathmann K, Bilz L, Hurrelmann K, Kiess W, Richter M. Is being a "small fish in a big pond" bad for students´ psychosomatic health? A multilevel study on the role of class-level school performance. BMC Public Health. 2018;18(1):1098. doi:10.1186/s12889-018-5977-5
23. Petrenko V, Mitina O. The Fairytale Semantic Differential Technique: A Cross-Cultural Application. Behav Sci (Basel). 2020;10(7):112. doi:10.3390/bs10070112
24. Conzelmann A, Hollmann K, Haigis A, Lautenbacher H, Bizu V, App R, et al. Internet-based psychotherapy in children with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): protocol of a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2022;23(1):164. doi:10.1186/s13063-022-06062-w
25. Fang H, Li Y, Wu M, Gan F. Study on the validity of the theoretical paradigm of art therapy for vulnerable children. Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol. 2022:1-12. doi:10.1080/17483107.2022.2074555
26. Feen-Calligan H, Moreno J, Buzzard E. Art Therapy, Community Building, Activism, and Outcomes. Front Psychol. 2018;9:1548. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2018.01548