In completely edentulous patients the treatment challenges are associated with aesthetics, comfort, and function. As the oral hard and soft tissues are lost it may create a severe impact on the lower one third of the facial contour. So the rehabilitation of the lost structure must be done to improve the complete facial aesthetics. The two components that are important in denture aesthetics are denture teeth and the supporting denture base. various solutions are available to restore comfort and function, but restoring the edentulous patient’s aesthetic appearance is a mere challenge. Facial aesthetics and social integration of completely edentulous patient is significantly improved by using characterized denture when compared with a conventional denture. Once the patient’s expectations are fulfilled it will impart a positive effect on the patient’s self-esteem. So every complete denture patient must be evaluated individually and the dentist must strive to prepare a complete denture unique to that patient. The purpose of this case report is to provide unique denture characterization to fulfil patient aesthetic demands.
1. Ferro KJ, Morgano SM, Driscoll CF, Freilich MA, Guckes AD, Knoernschild KL, et al. The glossary of prosthodontic terms. J Prosthet Dent. 2017;117(5S):e1-105.
2. Hirsch B, Levin B, Tiber N. Effects of patient involvement and esthetic preference on denture appearance. J Prosthet Dent. 1972;28(2):127-32.
3. Nanda S, Pasricha N, Sadana V, Mann N, Nanda T. Complete Dentures-Out of the ordinary. J Indian Dent Assoc. 2016:27-34.
4. Engelmeier RL. Complete-denture esthetics. Dent Clin North Am. 1996;40(1):71-84.
5. Hardy IR. Problem-solving in denture esthetics. Dent Clin North Am. 1960;4(2):305-20.
6. Frush JP, Fisher RD. How dentogenic restorations interpret the sex factor. J Prosthet Dent. 1956;6(2):160-72.
7. Pattanaik S, Pattanaik B. Internal Characterization of Denture Base by Using Acrylic Stains and Tissue Paper. J Indian Prosthodont Soc. 2011;11(3):202-4.
8. Zimmerman DE, Pomerantz JM, Sanfacon DG, Berger AW. Denture esthetics (III), Denture base color. Quintessence Int Dent Dig. 1982;13(7):747-58.
9. Johnson HD. Technique for packing and staining complete or partial denture bases. J Prosthet Dent. 1956;6(2):154-9.
10. Pound E. Esthetic dentures and their phonetic values. J Prosthet Dent. 1951;1(1-2):98-111.
11. Chandna A, Nedal A, Kalra T, Rana Y, Yadav A, Jindal A. Characterization of complete denture: A Review. J Dent Med Sci. 2016;15(9):133-5.
12. El Meligy O, Bahannan S, Hassan M, Eltelety S, Kayal R, Qutob A, et al. Oral Health Status and Habits among 6-13 Years Old Children with Limited Access to Dental Care in South Jeddah. Int J Pharm Res Allied Sci. 2019;8(3):109-18.
13. El Ashiry EA, Alamoudi NM, Farsi NM, Al Tuwirqi AA, Attar MH, Alag HK, et al. The Use of Micro-Computed Tomography for Evaluation of Internal Adaptation of Dental Restorative Materials in Primary Molars: An In-Vitro Study. Int J Pharm Res Allied Sci. 2019;8(1):129-37.
14. Jahanimoghadam F, Farokh Gisour E, Askari R, Rad M. Attitude Regarding Dental Stem Cells among Dental Practitioners in Kerman, Iran. Arch Pharm Pract. 2018;9(3):10-3.
15. Alamri AM, Alshammery HM, Almughamis MA, Alissa AS, Almadhi WH, Alsharif AM, et al. Dental Recession Aetiology, Classification and Management. Arch Pharm Pract. 2019;10(2):28-31.
16. Parakh MK, Krishna Prasad D. Customised Aesthetic Maxillary Complete Denture Prosthesis Using Characterization- A Case Series. Ann Dent Spec. 2020;8(3):9-12.
Copyright © 2023 - All Rights Reserved - Archives of Pharmacy Practice
Developed by Archives of Pharmacy Practice