Procurement of medical supplies of a certain range falls now within the powers of the Logistics Command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, and that highlights the scientific substantiation of optimization methods for the functioning of medical warehouses subordinated to the Medical Forces Command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine as a top issue. This work aims to carry out a comparative analysis of a time tracking summary for existing warehousing logistic processes at the medical warehouse of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Research materials comprised time tracking data of warehousing logistic processes in the Central Medical Warehouse of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and time tracking data of the above processes at the civil medical warehouse.
The methods of information search, systematization, time tracking, comparison, summarizing, mathematical-statistical, and graphic simulation methods were used during the work. Based on findings analysis, we determined the time consumption related to document review & approval process and waiting time, nonproductive time related to unloading, intra-warehouse transfer of medical supplies and medical equipment, and shipping with the outdated equipment, storage facilities, and handling equipment used in medical supply facilities of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The research findings evidence the necessity to develop scientific and practical approaches to functional improvement of medical warehouses subordinated to the Medical Forces Command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine by way of implementation of the logistical concept, application of process technologies, renewal and modernization of materials handling equipment, introduction of state-or-art information technologies, in particular, Warehouse Management System.
1. Constitution of Ukraine (as amended)
2. Decree of the President of Ukraine dated 22.03.2017 №73 / 2017 “On the decision of the Council of National Security and Defense of Ukraine of December 29, 2016 “On the State Program for the Development of the Armed Forces of Ukraine until 2020”
3. On approval of the Basic Provisions of Logistics Support of the Armed Forces Forces of Ukraine: Order of the Ministry of Education of Ukraine dated 11.10.2016 № 522.
4. Bilous MV, Shmatenko OP, Trokhimchuk VV, Galan OV, Drozdov DV. Current issues of warehousing logistics as an integral part of military-pharmaceutical logistics in modern conditions of creating a single system logistical support of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Mil Med Ukraine. 2019;19(1):103-7.
5. Drozdov D, Shmatenko O, Bilous M, Galan O, Koval A. The analysis of the indicators affecting the medical stocks management in the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Arch Pharm Pract. 2020;11(2):171-5.
6. On approval of the Manual on the organization of supply of medical equipment and property of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in peacetime: Order of the Director of the Military Medical Department of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine dated 12.12.2016 № 36.
7. On approval of the Procedure for supply of medical property to the Armed Forces of Ukraine in peacetime: order of the Ministry of Internal Affairs dated 11.05.2017 № 261.
8. Military-pharmaceutical logistics: a textbook / OP Shmatenko, MV Bilous, OV Galan, etc; for general ed. prof. O.P. Shmatenka. Kyiv: Lyudmila Publishing House; 2019. 146 p.
9. Drozdov D, Bilous M. Some aspects of the functioning of the quality management system in the medical warehouses of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine. Sci Eur (Prague, Czech Republic). 2020;1(52):13-5.
10. BaDM. Logistics. 11. Novitska YE Scientific and practical approaches to inventory management of pharmaceutical companies in terms of quality management: dis. Cand. farm. Science: 15.00.01. Kharkiv, 2016. 322 p.
11. Yu Ye. Novitska. Scientific and practical approaches to stock management of pharmaceutical companies in the context of quality management: thesis, Kharkiv, 2016. 322 p.