This paper aims to determine the influence of the «Burpee» exercise on the indicators of endurance and distribution of attention in children aged 15-16. The pedagogical experiment was carried out based on a comprehensive school, in the city of Kirov, Russia. The study involved children 15-16 years old in the amount of 52 people. During the study period, 30 physical education lessons were held in each class. Children from the control group were engaged in the usual program, and children from the experimental group additionally performed the «Burpee» exercise. Endurance in children was determined by the test «2000 m», and the distribution of attention was determined by the test «Different counts». The study used Excel and BioStat to determine Student’s T-tests.
After the pedagogical experiment, the indicators in the control group in the «2000 m» test improved by 1.9% (p>0.05), and in the «Different counts» by 4.3% (p>0.05). In the experimental group, the performance improved significantly in the «2000 m» test by 9% (p<0.05) and in the «Different counts» by 18% (p<0.05). If 15-16-year-old schoolchildren perform the «Burpee» exercise in physical education classes, then the indicators of endurance and distribution of attention will improve significantly. In this case, physical activity should be individual.
1. Podstawski R, Markowski P, Clark CCT, Choszcz D, Ihasz F, Stojiljkovic S, et al. International Standards for the 3-Minute Burpee Test: High-Intensity Motor Performance. J Hum Kinet. 2019;69(1):137-47. doi:10.2478/hukin-2019-0021
2. Lautner SC, Patterson MS, Ramirez M, Heinrich K. Can CrossFit aid in addiction recovery? an exploratory media analysis of popular press. Ment Health Soc Incl. 2020;24(2):97-104. doi:10.1108/MHSI-02-2020-0007
3. Fuentes-Barría H, Aguilera-Eguía R, González-Wong C. Motor skills, physical qualities and sensitive periods in the development schoolchildren. Andes Pediatr. 2021;92(6):983-4. doi:10.32641/ANDESPEDIATR.V92I6.4101
4. Varghese M, Ruparell S, LaBella C. Youth Athlete Development Models: A Narrative. Review. Sports Health: A Multidisciplinary Approach. 2021;14(1):20-9. doi:10.1177/19417381211055396
5. Gavin C, Tony P, Christine J, Starla MC. Differentiating Instruction in Physical Education: Personalization of Learning. J Phys Educ Recreat Dance. 2017;88(7):44-50. doi:10.1080/07303084.2017.1340205
6. Nagovitsyn RS, Osipov AY, Loginov DV, Prikhodov DS, Orlova II. Differentiation of physical education lessons by body mass index of schoolchildren. J Hum Sport Exerc. 2021;16(2):172-81. doi:10.14198/jhse.2021.16.Proc2.02
7. Tomporowski PD, Pesce C. Exercise, sports, and performance arts benefit cognition via a common process. Psychol Bull. 2019;145(9):929-51. doi:10.1037/bul0000200
8. Wassenaar TM, Wheatley CM, Beale N, Nichols T, Salvan P, Meaney A, et al. The effect of a one-year vigorous physical activity intervention on fitness, cognitive performance and mental health in young adolescents: The fit to study cluster randomized controlled trial. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2021;18(1):1-5. doi:10.1186/s12966-021-01113-y
9. Xu R, Zhang CC, He F, Zhao X, Qi HZ, Zhou P, et al. How Physical Activities Affect Mental Fatigue Based on EEG Energy, Connectivity, and Complexity. Front Neurol. 2018;9,915. doi:10.3389/fneur.2018.00915
10. Kainov AN, Kuryerova GI. Working programs. Physical Culture. Grades 1-11. A comprehensive program of physical education for schoolchildren. Teacher; 2019. p. 169.
11. Nemov RS. Psychology. Psychodiagnostics. Vlados; 2020. p. 631
12. Forte LDM, Freire YGC, Júnior JSDS, Melo DA, Meireles CLS. Physiological responses after two different CrossFit workouts. Biol Sport. 2022;39(2):231-6. doi:10.5114/biolsport.2021.102928
13. Garst BA, Bowers EP, Stephens LE. A randomized study of CrossFit kids for fostering fitness and academic outcomes in middle school students. Eval Program Plann. 2020;83:101856. doi:10.1016/j.evalprogplan.2020.101856
14. Ospankulov YE, Nurgaliyeva S, Kunai S, Baigaliev AM, Kaldyhanovna KR. Using physical education lessons to develop the autonomy of primary school children. Cypriot J Educ Sci. 2022;17(2):601-14. doi:10.18844/cjes.v17i2.6856
15. Guo Z, Zhang Y. Study on the interactive factors between physical exercise and mental health promotion of teenagers. J Healthc Eng. 2022;2022. doi:10.1155/2022/4750133
16. Mashkoor NB, Hameed NH. Effect of physical-kinesthetic intelligence exercises on developing motor abilities and basic skills of basketball in female students. Sport TK. 2022;11. doi:10.6018/sportk.514981
Copyright © 2023 - All Rights Reserved - Archives of Pharmacy Practice
Developed by Archives of Pharmacy Practice