The search for means to increase the effectiveness of physical education lessons in general education institutions, including the health-improving component, is relevant, since there is an increase in the number of overweight students, chronic diseases, along with regression in their level of physical fitness. One of the solutions to the above-stated problems is the creation of an educational process based on continuous circuit training since this organization allows you to increase the motor density of the lesson, which contributes to an increase in energy costs, in the use of energy substrates and, as a result, in weight correction. The purpose of the study is to evaluate the effectiveness of using continuous circuit training in physical education classes to reduce overweight (obesity) among high school students in general educational institutions. The results of the study proved that the usage of continuous circuit training in physical education classes can reduce the body mass index and increase physical fitness among high school students with varying degrees of obesity.
1. Marina K, Tusoulis D, Antonopoulos AS, Stephanadi E, Stephanadis S. Obesity and cardiovascular disease: from pathophysiology to risk stratification. Intern Cardiol. 2010;138(1):3-8.
2. Okorokov PL, Vasyukova OV, Bezlepkina OB. The prevalence of "sarcopenic obesity" in children with constitutional-exogenous obesity. Pediatrics. J Speransky G.N. 2022;101(5):43-9.
3. Singh GK, Kogan MD, Van Dijk KS, Siahpush M. Racial/ethnic, socioeconomic, and behavioral determinants of childhood and adolescent obesity in the United States: an analysis of independent and collaborative associations. Ann Epidemiol. 2008;18(9):682-95.
4. Ryabaya IN. Clinical laboratory and instrumental peculiarities of atrial fibrillation in obese patients. Arch Pharm Pract. 2020;11(2):1-6.
5. Ashtiani AR, Galdavi R, Jafari M. Investigating endurance training with ergometer bicycle in changes the plasma levels of chemerin on overweight women. Arch Pharm Pract. 2021;12(1):50-4.
6. Ibrahim S, Ahmed SA, Ahmed SM, Ahmed SK. Football Plyometric and sprint training on Hormones and Fitness Elements among Underweight College Students. Entomol Appl Sci Lett. 2020;7(3):23-31.
7. Ibrahim S, Kumar R, Ahmed SA. Influence of 6-Week Pooled Soccer Plyometric and Sprint Training on Speed and Agility amongst Underweight. Entomol Appl Sci Lett. 2021;8(1):28-34.
8. Okden KL, Carroll MD, Curtin LR, McDowell MA, Tabak KJ, Flegal KMN. Prevalence of overweight and obesity in the United States, 1999-2004. JAMA. 2006;295(13):1549-55.
9. Hyer GR, Van Heften TW, Visseren F. Adipose tissue dysfunction in obesity, diabetes, and vascular disease. Eur Heart J. 2008;29(24):2959-71.
10. Chumakova GA, Veselovskaya NG, Kozarenko AA, Vorobyov YV. Features of the morphology, structure, and function of the heart in obesity. Russ J Cardiol. 2012;4:93-9.
11. Pryanikova NG, Dorontsev AV, Marandykina OV, Volobuev AL, Sharagin VI, Komarov MN. The Effect of Regular Physical Activity on the Cardiovascular System in Students. Biomed Pharmacol J. 2021;14(3):1525-32.
12. Turkistani AM, Saaty AH. Nutritional knowledge and consumers’perception toward menu calorie labeling use in Saudi Arabia. J Organ Behav Res. 2020;5(1):148-63.
13. Konik AA, Nikulin IN. Improving the physical performance of students of a non-physical institution of higher education based on health-improving classes with weight-bearing exercises. Theory Pract Phys Cult, Russ. 2014:169.
14. Hosseini Kahak A, Amiri Parsa T, Agigi A, Asgari R, Chamri M, Hedayati M. Effect of strength training on hs-CRP and cystatin C levels in obese adolescents. Bi-mon Shahed Res Univ. 2009;85.
15. Zolfagari M, Tagian F, Hedayati M. Effects of green tea extract intake, aerobic exercise, and their combination on chemerin levels and insulin resistance in obese women. Iran J Endocrinol Metab. 2013;15(3):253-61.
16. Leiman D, Davydov V. Fundamental aspects of the complex rehabilitation of middle-aged women with overweight and obesity of the 1st degree. Phys Dev, Sport Cult Health Mod Life. 2016;1(33):87-91.
17. Pathak R, Middeldorp M, Meredith M, Mehta A, Mahajan R, Wong S, et al. Long-term effect of targeted weight loss in a cohort of patients with atrial fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015;65(20):2159-69.
18. Chakarun R, Raspichler M, Cloting N, Oberbach A, Flemig G, Kern M, et al. Effects of weight loss and exercise on serum chemerin concentration and adipose tissue expression in human obesity. Metabolism. 2012;61(5):706-14.
19. Watts K, Jones TW, Davis EA, Greene D. Exercise in obese children and adolescents: current concepts. Sports medallion. 2005;35(5):375-92.
20. Hassink SG, Zapalla F, Falini L, Datto G. Exercise and the obese child. Prog Pediatr Cardiol. 2008;25(2):153-7.
21. Shikaleva AA, Shulaev AV, Shaydullina MR. Obesity issues among children: childhood obesity as a medical and social problem. Russ Pediatr J. 2022;3(1):350.
22. Stunkard AJ. Depression and Obesity. Biol Psychiatry. 2003;54(3):330.
23. Vysotska O, Dobrorodnia G, Gordiyenko N. Studying the mechanisms of formation and development of overweight and obesity for diagnostic information system of obesity. East-Eur J Enterp Technol. 2016;2(84):15-23.
24. Chtara M, Chamari K, Chaouachi M, Chaouachi A, Koubaa D, Feki Y, et al. Effects of intra-session concurrent endurance and strength training sequence on aerobic performance and capacity Br J Sports Med. 2005;39(8):555-60.
25. Bobunov DN, Mikhailov VD, Lyubimov NA. Rehabilitation of patients with obesity and NAFLD based on a fitness center. Ural Med J. 2019;12(180):181-90.
26. Asgari R, Ravasi A, Gaeini A, Hedyati M, Hamedinia M. The effect of combined exercise training on indices adipokines and insulin sensitivity in overweight women. Sport Biomotor Sci. 2011;1(5):25-34.
27. Ashtiani A, Galdavi R, Jafari M. Investigating endurance training with ergometer bicycle in changes the plasma levels of chemerin on overweight women. Archi Pract. 2021;12(1):50-4.
28. Saghebjoo M, Dastigerdi S, Afzalpour M, Hedayati M. Effects of aerobic and resistance training on plasma visfatin levels in overweight women. Koomesh. 2012;13(2):225-32.
29. Sadeghipour HR, Daryanoosh F, Salesi M. The effect of 12 weeks of aerobic interval training on chemerin and vaspin serum concentrations and insulin resistance index in overweight students. J Zanjan Univ Med Sci Health Serv. 2015;23(96):78-88.
30. Saremi A, Shavandi N, Parastesh M, Daneshmand H. Twelve-week aerobic training decreases chemerin level and improves cardiometabolic risk factors in overweight and obese men. Asian J Sports Med. 2010;1(3):151.