Data security is a primary concern in cloud computing as data is traveling over the internet and is originated from various sources. Encryption techniques are used to protect sensitive information from unauthenticated users, but sometimes brute force methods can identify the hidden data. To improve data privacy and authentication, we proposed a method that combines Advanced Encryption Standard and proxy re-encryption algorithm with a Honey encryption algorithm and N-th degree Truncated Polynomial Ring Unit (NTRU) or Number Theory Research Unit). Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is a popular symmetric encryption method that encrypts and decrypts data using a secret key. Proxy re-encryption is a cryptographic technique that allows a third party to transform cipher texts from one key to another without seeing the plaintext. Honey encryption is a relatively new technique that adds realistic-looking but bogus data to encrypted messages, making it difficult for attackers to determine if the decrypted message is real or fake. NTRU is a cryptosystem that uses the public key on the polynomial ring. By combining these techniques, the proposed method can improve data security for outsourced data in the cloud. Unauthorized users may face challenges accessing messages that appear to be legitimate when Honey encryption is combined with Hybrid cryptography. Overall, the use of these techniques provides enhanced security and protection to the user’s data, and ensure that only authorized user can access and manipulate sensitive data, stored in the cloud.
1. Roy S, Sarddar D. The role of a cloud of things in smart cities. Int J Comput Sci Inf Secur. 2016;14(1):683-98.
2. Asfahani A. The Effect of Organizational Citizenship Behavior on Counterproductive Work Behavior: A Moderated Mediation Model. J Organ Behav Res. 2022;7(2):143-60.
3. Çakar S, Özyer K, Azizoglu Ö. The Mediating Role of Emotional Labor in The Impact of Organizational Climate On Burnout. J Organ Behav Res. 2022;7(1):1-13.
4. Bansal B, Jenipher VN, Jain R, Dilip R, Kumbhkar M, Pramanik S, et al. Big Data Architecture for Network Security. Cyber Secur Netw Secur. 2022:233-67.
5. Kryukova EM, Khetagurova VS, Ilyin VA, Chizhikova VV, Kosoplechev AV. Forming students’ environmental culture: modern educational approaches and technologies. J Adv Pharm Educ Res. 2021;11(2):113-8.
6. Sadovnikova N, Lebedinskaya O, Bezrukov A, Davletshina L. The correlation between residential property prices and urban quality indicators. J Adv Pharm Educ Res. 2022;12(2):98-103.
7. El-Gamal F, Najm F, Najm N, Aljeddawi J. Visual Display Terminals Health Impact During COVID 19 Pandemic on the Population in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Entomol Appl Sci Lett. 2021;8(2):91-9.
8. Mokrova LP, Borodina MA, Viktorovich V, Goncharov SA, Kepa YN. Prospects for Using Blockchain Technology in Healthcare: Supply Chain Management. Entomol Appl Sci Lett. 2021;8(2):71-7.
9. Zagade H, Varma S, Suragimath G, Zope S. Knowledge, Awareness, and Practices of Oral Health for Debilitated Patients, among Nursing Staff of Krishna Hospital. Int J Pharm Res Allied Sci. 2022;11(2):73-80.
10. Sahana S, Bose R, Sarddar D. Harnessing RAID mechanism for enhancement of data storage and security on the cloud. Braz J Sci Technol. 2016;3:1-3.
11. Bose R, Chakraborty S, Roy S. Explaining the workings principle of cloud-based multi-factor authentication architecture on banking sectors. In2019 Amity International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AICAI) 2019 Feb 4 (pp. 764-768). IEEE.
12. Abdullah AM. Advanced encryption standard (AES) algorithm to encrypt and decrypt data. Crypto Netw Secur. 2017;16:1-1.
13. Moe KS, Win T. Improved hashing and honey-based stronger password prevention against brute force attack. In2017 International Symposium on Electronics and Smart Devices (ISESD) 2017 Oct 17 (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
14. Hoffstein J, Pipher J, Silverman JH. NTRU: A ring-based public key cryptosystem. InAlgorithmic Number Theory: Third International Symposium, ANTS-III Portland, Oregon, USA, June 21–25, 1998 Proceedings 2006 May 24 (pp. 267-288). Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
15. Muttaqin K, Rahmadoni J. Analysis and design of file security system AES (advanced encryption standard) cryptography based. J Appl Eng Technol Sci. 2020;1(2):113-23.
16. Kamal A, Ahmad K, Hassan R, Khalim K. NTRU Algorithm: Nth Degree truncated polynomial ring units. InFunctional Encryption 2021 Jun 13 (pp. 103-115). Cham: Springer International Publishing.
17. Yasser YA, Sadiq AT, AlHamdani W. A Proposed Harmony Search Algorithm for Honeyword Generation. Adv Hum-Comput Interact. 2022;2022.
18. Yasser YA, Sadiq AT, AlHamdani W. A Scrutiny of Honeyword Generation Methods: Remarks on Strengths and Weaknesses Points. Cybern Inf Technol. 2022;22(2):3-25.
19. Zhang Y, Deng RH, Xu S, Sun J, Li Q, Zheng D. Attribute-based encryption for cloud computing access control: A survey. ACM Comput Surv. 2020;53(4):1-41.
20. Rawal BS, Manogaran G, Hamdi M. Multi-tier stack of blockchain with proxy re-encryption method scheme on the Internet of things platform. ACM Trans Internet Technol. 2021;22(2):1-20.
21. Wang P, Yang LT, Li J, Chen J, Hu S. Data fusion in cyber-physical-social systems: State-of-the-art and perspectives. Inf Fusion. 2019;51:42-57.
22. Sutradhar S, Karforma S, Bose R, Roy S. A Dynamic Step-wise Tiny Encryption Algorithm with Fruit Fly Optimization for Quality of Service improvement in healthcare. Healthcare Anal. 2023;3:100177.
23. Chatterjee P, Bose R, Banerjee S, Roy S. Enhancing Data Security of Cloud-Based LMS. Wirel Pers Commun. 2023;130(2):1123-39.
24. Dutta A, Bose R, Kumar Chakraborty S, Roy S. A Security Provocation in Cloud-Based Computing. Pattern Recognition and Data Analysis with Applications. Singapore: Springer Nature Singapore, 2022;343-55.
25. Yudistira R. AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) and RSA (Rivest–Shamir–Adleman) Encryption on Digital Signature Document: A Literature Review. Int J Inf Technol Bus. 2020;2(2):26-9.
26. Bos JW, Halderman JA, Heninger N, Moore J, Naehrig M, Wustrow E. Elliptic curve cryptography in practice. InFinancial Cryptography and Data Security: 18th International Conference, FC 2014, Christ Church, Barbados, March 3-7, 2014, Revised Selected Papers 18 2014 (pp. 157-175). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.